Tuesday 16 September 2008

Landed...

Just a quick post to say that I have finally arrived in Muscat with Simon.

The last few days have been very hectic moving from place to place. In 3 days we have travelled thousands of miles both within Italy (to travel to a family wedding in Sardinia) and away from Italy all the way here.

We landed at Muscat aiport last night around 11 pm local time. On leaving the plane I was engulfed in 33c of suffocating, humid heat and then hit again by icy cold air on entering the air conditioned terminal, then heat again to reach the car, cold, heat and then cold again entering the house. I think my body didn't quite know what to do. This is going to be interesting...

Lounging around today. As you can imagine I haven't seen anything of Muscat yet. When Simon comes back from work I will venure out ... to the supermarket with him but I think I will have to wait for the weekend (Thurs, Fri) to get a first taste of the city. I don't have a car yet.

The sun is shining...

2 comments:

Flipper said...

wow Rossella's there too now. Look forward to lots of updates now!

Anonymous said...

Carissima! Finalmente sei arrivata...come mi fa strano...ne abbiamo parlato cosi' tanto in questi ultime settimane e l'attesa e' sembrata cosi' lunga che adesso quasi non sembra vero. Fammi avere le tu impressioni dopo il we..penso ti ci vorra' un po' per riprendeti dal viaggio e realizzare il cambiamento.

Un abbraccio

deb