Sunday 31 August 2008

My turn to go..

The last two days in London were a bit more stressful than anticipated however finally after a little bit of drama all fell into place.
Personal effects packed and handled by international shippers in 12 long tedious hours, house empty and clean, car dropped to dealer for sale...

I finally managed to turn up at the Porterhouse for drinks well past the originally planned time after the car left me stranded in the middle of the rush hour traffic on a hill in Stretham.

Thank you all for coming out on Friday night and really, really sorry for those I missed due to this unforseen commotion.

I flew out to Italy from T5 on Saturday and had a great time at the airport potting around the shops and taking lots of pictures.
As the plane took off leaving London and the English hills behind on a glorious sunny day I was overwhelmed by a cocktail of emotions.

2 and ½ hours later I was sweltering in 26c of humid heat as I landed in Rome at 9.45 pm (!!), better get used to that. I’ll be in even warmer Oman from 15th September.

No comments: