Monday 5 March 2012

The month in pictures - February 2012

Kitesurfing
The month begun with more kitesurfing lessons but I had to take a break soon afterwards though because the instructors went on holiday for the rest of the month. 
This is me on the board...well kind of. 
My first water start!





Muscat Fashion week 
I went with the ladies to have a peak at Arabian fashion on the occasion of the second Muscat Fashion Week (the first one was in 2011). 
OK the world of Laurence of Arabia is hardly the center of fashion but it was interesting nonetheless. Despite what one may think, considering the background of ladies in back Abayas, the locally produced fashion was intensely colourful. To be fair Oman is actually a very colourful country and women's traditional dresses can be a rainbow of colours made up of interesting fabrics. On the evening we went (Tuesday) there were some very interesting and beautiful gowns as well as an amazing collection of extravagant hats from a Saudi designer. I took over 200 photos

Pestering the cat

The cats are a little bit whiny lately so every now and then I try to take revenge.
Usually when they sleep I can kind of do anything I want to them (evil grin).

The Easts do Oman
Happy times! It was lots of fun. From 5-star hotel cocktail parties to lunches on the beach, from sunset on the mountains to rolling down sand dunes, from exploring old castles to boating along the coast we managed to jam quite a lot in, in such a little time.

Of course the best entertainment being the children.

My favourite expression now is "run for your life!"

Thank you for the memorable time together. :D








Carnival 
We ended the month with a carnival party trying to re-live some of my Italian childhood traditions but mostly as an excuse to make some hyper-caloric Italian carnival sweets, frappe (or chiacchere, stracci and the many other names they are known as in different regions!)
First time I made them in my life and the result was quite encouraging.

I have been doing a lot of cooking lately... February is also the month we bought this new and expensive kitchen gadget: suddenly the kitchen has become an experimental lab.







Ah of course, last but not least my uni results have been published on my University of Portsmouth student portal:

Honours Degree of Bachelor of Science In COMPUTING AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS with Upper Second Class Honours

Now I need a new project... I am in brewing mode.

No comments: