Saturday 25 February 2012

Pearls of wisdom

Today, on the phone to the SPA receptionist.

Me: hello I was there earlier and I forgot my (me thinks: let's not say Kindle) digital book reader in the changing room.
Receptionist: your what?
Me: OK, it is a device on which you can read digital books. It looks like a small book. It should be in the changing cubicle at the end.
receptionist: OK Ma'm, let me have a look and I will call you back.
End of conversation.
I jump onto the car and drive all the way back to the SPA.
Receptionist when she sees me enter the SPA: we could not find it
Me thinks: I must have missed that call.
I walk out of the SPA with my Kindle.

Lessons for the day:

  • Place your kindle into the bag instead of the bench while changing
  • Take some phosphorus tablets to improve memory and focus
  • Never ask someone to look for something they have no clue what it is

3 comments:

AZ said...

I don't know where to start with pointing out how wrongly you approached the issue.

You should have said "I forget my [insert colour]computer".

"Device"??? "cubicle"???. Do you realise that a fair number of native speakers would not understand these two words? :) :) :)

Ros said...

haha. Do they teach this kind of English at the local British Council? I may have to take lessons...

AZ said...

Ask Prof. David if you can attend one of his seminars on how to order lunch at Turkish House :)