Saturday 11 October 2008

TV

Tried endlessly to access blogger.com last night with no success. The site just won't come up.
Today I have found a workaround which I will not disclose here but I suspect that this has something to do with how all forms of communication and web browsing are monitored and heavily controlled here...

It may mean that soon I won't be able to update the blog.

Incidentally the post I was trying to publish was about censorship. Here it is...

Just finished watching a film on TV and let's say it was.. hmm an interesting experience.
Well nothing wrong with the film, in fact I really enjoyed it but now I fully appreciate the meaning of censorship.

Every single swear word in the film was wiped out from the sound and the end was cut short before the two main characters could kiss, which, thinking back, also explains why at some point during the film one of them mentioned something about kissing the other but couldn't quite follow because that scene was never shown.
Yesterday instead I experienced the visual censorship when the exposed buttock of a woman was covered with a black square.

... and I thought that British TV was a bit conservative when I moved to the UK from Italy ;)

No comments: